What is CSoC?
What is CSoC?
The Coordinated System of Care (CSoC) helps children and youth ages 5-20, who have serious mental health and substance use challenges and are in or at-risk of out-of-home placement. It also helps their families. It offers services and supports that help these youth return to or remain at home while they are being helped.
Parents/caregivers and family members have a key role in CSoC. They help Magellan decide the best services for their child. Every youth and family getting care in CSoC will work with a person who coordinates their care. This is called “wraparound facilitation.” Wraparound Agencies (WAAs) in each region support the family in planning and directing their care. The WAAs, with the parent/caregiver, youth and others develop a plan of care that provides lots of help for children and their families in the CSoC.
CSoC also has a Family Support Organization (FSO) to help you. The FSO is staffed with trained people who are peers. They share the same experiences as parents and youth who are getting behavioral health services. The staff from the FSO offers support and help. They make sure families have a voice in their care. You can call 1-800-424-4489 or reach our TTY number at 1-800-424-4416 for information on CSoC in your region.
A child/youth may already be receiving other mental health or substance use treatment. The following 4 specialized services also available to CSoC children, youth and families are:
- Parent Support and Training
- Youth Support and Training
- Independent Living / Skills Building
- Short Term Respite Care
Anyone can refer a child/youth to be screened for the CSoC services; however, the youth’s parent/caregiver must be available during the screening process.
- Individuals ages birth through 21 are screened for clinical eligibility
- To make a referral, contact the child/youth’s Bayou Health Plan
- Aetna Better Health: 1-855-242-0802
- AmeriHealth Caritas: 1-888-756-0004
- Healthy Blue: 1-844-521-6941
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections: 1-866-595-8133
- UnitedHealthcare: 1-866-675-1607
- Magellan will coordinate with the Healthy Louisiana Plans to ensure that members’ screening and eligibility for CSoC are seamless. The Magellan CSoC program can be contacted at 1-800-424-4489 or TTY 1-800-424-4416.
- If you are not sure to which plan you belong, call 1-855-BAYOU4U (1-855-229-6848) for assistance.
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.