Hurricane Laura has impacted significant parts of Louisiana. Call us at 1-800-424-4489 if you need assistance. Disaster Assistance resources can be found here.
EPSDT (Early and Periodic Screening, Diagnostic and Treatment
Children under age 21, who have Medicaid, qualify for EPSDT benefits. This coverage provides access to full wellness and preventative healthcare services.
EPSDT ensures that children get the critical care they need:
- Early: assessing and identifying problems early
- Periodic: checking children’s health at periodic, age-appropriate intervals
- Screening: providing physical, mental, developmental, dental, hearing, vision, and other screening tests to detect potential problems
- Diagnostic: performing diagnostic tests to follow up when a risk is identified, and
- Treatment: control, correct or reduce health problems
You can visit the official United States government Medicaid website for detailed information on EPSDT.
You can also find out more information on the Louisiana Department of Health’s website by selecting one of the links below.
EPSDT Behavioral Health Services: http://www.ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/page/335
EPSDT Dental Services: http://www.ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/page/2443
EPSDT Personal Care Services: http://www.ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/page/334
EPSDT Screening Services: http://www.ldh.la.gov/index.cfm/page/2439