Magellan will serve as a resource to manage the clinical situation presented by the adverse incident or potential adverse incident and investigate all incidents in a timely manner.
- Louisiana Adverse Incident Reporting Form
- Louisiana Adverse Incident Reporting Instructions & Definitions
Please see the CSoC Patient Safety and Adverse Incident Training which provides more information about reporting adverse incidents. This is a required training for all direct care staff serving CSoC youth and families.
Restraints and Seclusion
Providers are required to report all incidents of restraint and seclusion within the defined Adverse Incident reporting timeframes.
Reporting should include:
- Interventions utilized prior to the use of seclusion and restraint
- Physician involvement in the order and subsequent face-to-face contacts
- Treatment plans adjusted, if warranted
- Criteria for release from seclusion/restraint
- Facility staff checks patient for basic needs, safety, vital signs, and/or more specific
- Monitoring of medical conditions as applicable
All questions regarding monthly reporting of restraints & seclusions should be submitted using the following form: