Parents/caregivers and family members have a key role in CSoC. They help Magellan decide the best services for their child. Every youth and family getting care in CSoC will work with a person who coordinates their care. This is called “wraparound facilitation.” Wraparound Agencies (WAAs) in each region support the family in planning and directing their care. The WAAs, with the parent/caregiver, youth and others develop a plan of care that provides lots of help for children and their families in the CSoC.
CSoC also has a Family Support Organization (FSO) to help you. The FSO is staffed with trained people who are peers. They share the same experiences as parents and youth who are getting behavioral health services. The staff from the FSO offers support and help. They make sure families have a voice in their care. You can call 1-800-424-4489 or call 7-1-1 to use the Louisiana Relay Service and our Member Services staff will help you with information on CSoC in your region.
A child/youth may already be receiving other mental health or substance use treatment. The following 4 specialized services also available to CSoC children, youth and families are:
- Parent Support and Training
- Youth Support and Training
- Independent Living / Skills Building
- Short Term Respite Care
Anyone can refer a child/youth to be screened for the CSoC services; however, the youth’s parent/caregiver must be available during the screening process.
- Individuals ages 5 through 20 are screened for clinical eligibility
- To make a referral, call Magellan directly at 1-800-424-4489.
- You can also contact the child/youth’s Healthy Louisiana Plan and they can connect you with Magellan to complete the referral:
- Aetna Better Health: 1-855-242-0802
- AmeriHealth Caritas: 1-888-756-0004
- Healthy Blue: 1-844-521-6941
- Louisiana Healthcare Connections: 1-866-595-8133
- UnitedHealthcare: 1-866-675-1607
- If you are not sure to which plan you belong, call 1-855-BAYOU4U (1-855-229-6848) for assistance.
The Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.