Recovery & Resiliency
Recovery and Resiliency: Magellan's Core Treatment Principles
A job you like. Good relationships with family and friends. Being in your own home. Most of us take these things for granted. But for many people with mental health or substance use problems, these are only dreams.
At Magellan, helping people reach their goals for a better life is a primary focus. That is why recovery and resiliency are at the core of what we do.
We believe that all people can recover from trauma, tragedy or other stresses. We are all able to go on with life and feel hopeful. That is resiliency.
We believe that all people can learn, grow and change. We are all able to build a life filled with meaning and purpose. That is recovery.
We help youth and families achieve a number of things through resiliency and recovery:
- A sense of belonging.
- A safe place to live.
- Days full of purpose.
- Skills to get well.
- A strong voice in their lives.
- Hope for the future.
We support resiliency and recovery in all of our programs.
- Appreciate those we serve.
- Respect culture and language.
- Communicate well.
- Support the strengths and skills of others.
- Think about all areas of people’s lives. This includes their:
- Physical health
- Mental health
- Housing status
- And more.
- Offer meaningful choices.
- Use peer, family and natural supports.
- Help others build confidence.
- Celebrate and share stories of success.
- Involve individuals and their families in planning, delivering and evaluating services.
- Measure, monitor and improve.
Tools & Resources from Our National Partners
SAMHSA's National Mental Health Information Center (resources & publications available at no cost)
Adobe Reader is required to view PDF files.